Foreign words – AKA “non-English words” for us ‘Mericans – automatically make a subject more prominent and formidable-sounding.
“When I suffer from ennui and have beaucoup time on mis manos, I sit around watching The Real Attention Whores of Miami with a cup of non-alcoholic apple champagne.
In other words: They make the verby stuff comin’ outta’ my mouth sound totes legit.
And in a roundabout way, I’m saying I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by Keeping A Thought. According to Google Translate, the world “liebster” means “dearest” in German. (Not “body of Rochester,” as I first thought when I dyselxically typed in “leibster.”)
The Liebster Award is for “up and coming bloggers with 200 followers or fewer.” When nominated, the blogosphere powers that be say to do as follows:
- Post 11 things about yourself. (Oh boy)
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator. (Oh double boy)
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Please tell them that you’ve nominated them, too. (Someone seems to have an “11″ fetish)
- No tag backs! We wouldn’t want people to get double nominations. Too much work for them anyways. (Spread the Liebe).
Firstly, I’m going to switch the order of this a little bit because the most important part is the nominated blogs. If you want to read about me talking about myself and asking you silly questions, keep scrolling down at your own masochistic risk. So without further ado, here are some blogs (in no particular order) that I’ve found funny, honest, captivating, insightful, and/or all around enjoyable to read. Check them out!
- 365 Days of Happiness
- Living With PMD
- Fat Kid Chronicle
- Good Times With A Pickled Brain
- Paper Airplanes
- Charisma Workshop
- Raucous Ramblings
- Little Cartographer
- Confessions of the Socially Inept
- Blah Blah Blah
11 Things About My Lovely Self
- I dislike lists about myself.
- I like root beer floats. If you don’t like root beer floats, GTFO. (Just kidding. Not really.)
- I watched all 4 season of Parks and Recreation on Netflix over the course of about 2 weeks. (Maybe 1 week, but who’s counting?)
- When no one else is home, I like to belt out The Phantom of the Opera songs. (The neighbors love me).
- Sleeping in too much makes me feel guilty as hell and makes me more tired than I would have been had I woken up before dinner time.
- I think Starbucks is a ripoff. But I keep going back anyway like a desperate, smitten lover.
- At Starbucks, don’t try selling me your newest caramel maraschino frappemachiatto. I only ever order a “Grande Chai, no water.” Done.
- I think I’m suddenly hating the number 11.
- My quietude often comes across as arrogance and/or apathy. I often don’t notice this until wa-a-a-ay after the fact, when the damage has already been done. And I’m pretty sure there are times when I never notice. Sorry, everyone I’ve ever unintentionally offended. (Not-so-sorry, to those I intentionally have).
- I’m trying out a new motto: “Just be.” Plain and simple. Existence is enough.
- I don’t know what I want out of life. And that’s a-okay.
11 Answers for the Lovely Nominator, Keeping A Thought
1. What genre of music do you dislike the most, if any?
2. What is one skill or talent that you would want the most?
The ability to enjoy answering questions.
3. Who is your role model, if any, and why?
Psy. Because oppa Gangnam Style.
4. What’s your reason for starting a blog?
To vent some stress in a way that wouldn’t result in breaking things or ending up in jail.
5. What is your current favorite song?
Flight of the Valkyries. Wagner, like a boss.
6. What irritates you the most?
7. Do you have any irrational fears? What are they (if you’re willing to say)?
Fear of being rational.
8. Would you be willing to jump off an airplane (with a parachute)? Why or why not?
Of course. Mama needs the adrenaline rush.
9. What was your weirdest dream?
It probably involved aliens, swimming in lava, and some high school teachers.
10. If there was a zombie apocalypse (which I highly doubt, I hope), what three items would you want the most to survive and defend yourself against these moving corpses?
Don’t joke about the zombie apocalypse. (But I’d bring a Swiss army knife, a Twinkie, and Daryl from The Walking Dead).
11. Did any of these questions irritate you, honestly?
They reminded me of those quizzes friends would forward you in middle school. So yeah.
11 Questions for the Lovely Nominees (No, I’m not going to stalk each of you to make sure you’ve answered these, so don’t sweat it.)
- Harry Potter or Twilight?
- Would you rather be a super hero or a super villain?
- What would your super name be?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is one goal you’d like to achieve by the end of next week?
- What’s your opinion on unicorns?
- Is sarcasm the lowest form of humor?
- Who’s your favorite comedian?
- What’s your catch phrase or favorite saying?
- What’s the meaning of life?
- Who’s on first?
So there you have it, a bunch of 11′s and some redonkulous questions. Have fun, check out those blogs, and spread the love!
Stressed Out Student