Wait, wait, I know this isn’t all that original. “A college student procrastinating on important college work? Oh me, oh my.” But hold on and just read the damn post. Humor me.
Indeed, “Procrastination” is my middle name – a middle name I’m sure I share with plenty of you, college students or otherwise.
As you may remember, I recently started a new post series called “I Regretfully Regret” – which was supposed to be weekly, but cut me some slack. I’m a lazy college student, remember? This week, my Regretful Regret is cramming for a physics midterm and here is why:
- Physics is damn tough.
- What the hell is Bernoulli’s equation again?
- When did my handwriting get so bad?
- Crap, I can’t figure out half of what I wrote down for notes
- Is that a “t” or a “w”?
- Calculator… battery dead? Nooooooooo… Must scramble through a dozen and two drawers to find batteries.
- 1:43 a.m. – if I finish in half an hour, I’ll still get approximately 5 hours and 47 minutes of sleep
- 2 hour session of alternating among studying, YouTubing, and crying
- 4:12 a.m. – can still get 3 hours and something something minutes of sleep [oh no, my math skills have died]
- Inject emergency caffeine supply into arm. Head to class.
Stay in school, kids, and practice healthy study habits.
What is a recent Regretful Regret you have? If you’re a student, do you have any school-related regrets to share? (Don’t lie – we know you have plenty). Share them in the comments!